• Mitt Romney voiced his protest against a labor bill known as The Employee Free Choice Act that would make it easier for unions to organize describing it as a dangerous legislation saying that it would have a negative impact on the nation's ability to compete globally and would also dampen the scope of new businesses.
• Mitt Romney suggested that welfare recipients should go to work immediately. He suggested doing away with capital gains taxes for those firms that invest in inner city enterprise zones also advocated tax credits for hiring poor residents of those areas.
• He stands for writing off a lot of capital expenditures of business firms to induce them to buy more so that it will have the effect of other companies hiring more people thus generating more jobs.
• He believes a cut in Corporate Taxes will have a significant impact over time. It can stimulate the economy, create jobs and encourage foreign investment.
• He said that the American worker could be richer by $9000 a year by opening up the market to American goods and services. The workers can sell the products they manufacture around the world thus raking in more income.
• He is of the opinion that it is the businessmen and not politicians who should negotiate trade with foreigners so that patents, designs and technology etc are adequately protected.
• He encouraged Trade and commerce with Asian countries saying that it will only strengthen the Us economy and lead to further growth.