• Sarah Palin admits that she had once smoked marijuana but it was during the time Alaska legalized the smoking of marijuana. The Supreme Court of Alaska in 1975 allowed the possession of up to 4 oz. marijuana per person as legal. The Alaskan law was reversed in 1990 in making it illegal.
• Palin admits that although she smoked marijuana she did not like it then and stopped smoking it.
• Palin is of the opinion that the use of marijuana for medical purposes is good but the drug should not be legalized.
• She does not support the legalization of marijuana fearing the future of her four kids.
• Palin believes that her smoking marijuana along with 100 million Americans who have done so is no big deal but now feels that users should be put in jail.